This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Typically, Delta elite members can earn one SkyMile per dollar spent at virtually all of Starwood’s hotels. Since you can earn full Starpoints as well, this is kind of a no-brainer if you’re eligible — you must be a SkyMiles Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion member to participate.
Now Starwood has a promotion that’s open to all SkyMiles members. From now through June 30, 2016, you can earn 2 SkyMiles per dollar spent at any Starwood property in the United States and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and US territories). You need to register here by June 24, 2016. Miles will post 4-6 weeks after each qualifying stay posts to your account.
Starwood’s partnership with Delta doesn’t end there — you can also transfer points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio, and for every 20,000 Starpoints you transfer, you’ll have 25,000 SkyMiles. Note, however, that TPG values Starpoints at 2.5 cents each and SkyMiles at 1.2 cents apiece, so only consider a transfer if you have a particular (and lucrative) redemption in mind.
You can also build your balance with co-branded cards. With the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, for example, you can earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after you spend $3,000 within the first three months. Meanwhile, you can earn 30,000 bonus SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees