This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
Time is running out to take advantage of an incredible limited-time offer from Amex. Earlier this month, American Express announced increased sign-up bonuses on both the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and its business version — both with their largest offers ever. But true to the “limited-time offer” wording, it will soon be coming to an end.
If you’re thinking about getting one (or both) of the SPG Amex cards, now’s the time to get them. The personal card is offering 35,000 Starpoints after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, and the business version is offering 35,000 Starpoints after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. Both offers are ending on Wednesday, March 30, so be sure to take advantage of this incredible deal before the sign-up bonus drops back down.
Starpoints are consistently ranked as one of the most valuable currencies in TPG’s monthly valuations, currently listed at 2.5 cents apiece. That makes the sign-up bonus on both of these cards worth a whopping $875!
There are many ways to take full advantage of the Starpoints — your options are seemingly endless. You can use the points for six nights at a Category 3 property, such as Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, a one-way business-class ticket from New York to Milan on Emirates or a redemption with the SPG Moments program — a TPG favorite — among many other options.
Even with the future of Starwood and its beloved SPG program still unknown, now’s a better time than ever to sign up for the SPG Amex card. The 35,000-point bonus makes this card a no-brainer, so be sure you apply by this Wednesday, March 30, in order to take advantage of the card’s highest sign-up bonus ever!
For more information on the card and the SPG program, check out the following posts:
- Highest Sign-Up Bonus Ever on SPG Amex Cards!
- How to Use 35,000 Starpoints from the SPG Amex Card
- Why You Should Get the Starwood Amex Before the Merger
- Starting 2016 Off Strong With Starwood Preferred Guest
- Using Starpoints to Book a Suite at W, St. Regis and Other SPG Hotels
- The Award Traveler’s Guide to Starwood Preferred Guest
- One Year of Earning and Burning with the SPG Amex
- 9 SPG Properties that Make for Awesome Award Redemptions
Will you be signing up for the SPG Amex?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards