This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin America is offering a sale on flights to Hawaii and Mexico for travel this spring. The airline currently has service to Honolulu (HNL) and Maui (OGG), as well as Cancun (CUN), Los Cabos (SJD) and Puerto Vallarta (PVR). Apply promo code VACAY25 to your itinerary during booking to take advantage of the discount.
The best deals seem to be on travel originating in San Francisco and heading to Maui or Cancun, but you may be able to find worthwhile deals on other routes as well. Nonetheless, we were having some issues with Virgin America’s site, so your results may vary.
Here are a few key restrictions of this promo:
- Book by 11:59pm PT on March 29
- Travel between April 6 and June 11, 2016
- Valid for main cabin only
- 25% off on travel between Monday-Thursday
- 15% off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday travel
- Blackout dates: 5/27 and 5/30
- Code may not be applied to prior bookings
- Valid for up to two guests
- Cannot be combined with other offers
- Promo discount becomes invalid if travel is changed
- Not eligible for Elevate redemptions
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Francisco (SFO) to Cancun (CUN) for $266 on Virgin America in April and May:
San Francisco (SFO) to Maui (OGG) for $280 on Virgin America in April:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards