This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of my favorite things about being The Points Guy is when I get to travel around and teach people how they can take their own amazing, luxurious, life-changing trips with points and miles instead of spending tons of money for the same experience.
If you’re going to be in the Washington D.C. area on March 17, come to my talk at the Georgetown School of Continuing Studies Downtown Campus from 6pm to 7:30pm. I’ll be speaking about points and miles opportunities, the latest trends in the travel industry and offering up tips for making the most of hotel, credit card and airline rewards programs.
Don’t wait — space is limited and seats will be determined on a first-come first-serve basis — just make sure you register through this link. It’s being hosted by the master’s in Hospitality Management program, a unique program for anyone who is interested in continuing their education in hospitality that concentrates on branding and loyalty.
If you can’t make it to my talk, you can still follow along all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat or subscribe to The Points Guy YouTube Channel for the latest from TPGtv.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards