This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After an overwhelming response to some of our recent posts about TPG meet-ups in Austin and Park City, I’ve decided it’s time to take our reader events across the pond. With so many London locals and American expats interested in travel, I’m looking forward to hosting a round table discussion the next time I’m in town so I can hear about your experiences with award travel and loyalty programs in the UK.
The event will take place the evening of March 22 (location and time TBD) and food and drinks will be served. Space is limited so make sure you RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your contact info (name and email address).
- How long have you lived in London?
- What are your thoughts on the current state of loyalty programs in the UK?
- How can they be improved?
- What has been your best points/miles redemption so far (using Avios or other programs)?
- How do you plan to use points/miles for a future trip?
- What do you love about TPG?
Please submit your email by 11am ET (3pm GMT) Thursday (March 17) and we’ll contact the winners by Friday. Stay tuned for other reader events in the US, coming soon!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards