This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Using your The Enhanced Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN card for big purchases just got a lot more valuable. For a limited time, using this card will net you 50% more points on transactions of $5,000 or more, such as a new car or even a $170 million painting. Obviously most people won’t be using this perk too often, but it’s a fantastic chance to boost your earnings if you’re making a large purchase. For smaller items, you could also use the Amex Everyday Preferred card, which offers a similar bonus if you make 30 or more purchases on the card within a billing period. Note that this promotion offer was sent via email, so it’s possible that this is a targeted opportunity.
We already value Amex Membership Rewards points at 1.9 cents per point, so with this bonus you’re getting even better value. The current offer will be available through the end of April, so there’s plenty of time to plan for purchases, although you can only earn a total of 50,000 additional points.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards