This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta offered reduced mileage awards from select cities to London back in January, and now the airline is back with an even more appealing sale. From now through tomorrow, you can book select economy awards for 42,000 miles round-trip, and Delta One (business class) awards from just 87,000 miles round-trip — that’s a heck of a deal.
Officially, the sale is limited to Delta elites, or individuals with a Gold, Platinum or Reserve Delta SkyMiles credit card, but you may have access to these discounted rates without meeting those qualifications as well. As per the terms, you must book by tomorrow (February 18) for travel dates between March 4 and May 31, 2016. Tickets must be purchased 14 days in advance and you must book as a round-trip with a 7-day minimum stay.
Delta hasn’t published a comprehensive list of available routes (and the Delta One discount isn’t referenced in the airline’s marketing materials), but you can identify eligible flights easily via Delta’s site.
JFK to Nice in economy is available, for example:
Here’s what you’ll expect to pay for a round-trip on this route:
Here’s JFK to London in economy:
And the same route in Delta One (business):
Here’s Boston to Amsterdam in economy:
And in business:
Delta lists a handful of sample routes, primarily departing from cities on the East Coast or in the Midwest. You’ll pay more for West Coast departures, if you’re able to find any availability — Seattle to London seems to be an option, for example, with economy awards pricing at 48,000 miles round-trip plus taxes and fees. See Delta’s site for the full list of restrictions and blackout dates.
Will you be taking advantage of Delta’s award sale?
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees