This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday, several readers wrote in to let us know that it wasn’t currently possible to transfer points from Citi’s ThankYou program to most partners, excluding Hilton HHonors.
You can earn ThankYou points with several Citi cards, including Citi ThankYou Premier Card and Citi Prestige. We reached out to Citi about the issue yesterday, and were awaiting a timeline for transfers to be restored.
Fortunately, you can once again transfer points from Citi to all 12 airline partners, including Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, EVA Air, Etihad Guest, Flying Blue, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar, Singapore KrisFlyer, Thai, Virgin America and Virgin Atlantic.
It’s never good to experience a program outage, but fortunately Citi was able to act quickly to get ThankYou transfers back up and running today.
What’s your favorite Citi ThankYou partner?
While Citi announced some negative changes to this card back in July — including a lower sign-up bonus, the elimination of Admirals Club access and the end of the free rounds of golf benefit — one of its most valuable perks still remains, which is the 4th Night Free perk. This benefit alone can save you thousands of dollars a year if you use it to its full advantage.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year, and receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre √®
- 4th night hotel benefit for any hotel stay at hotels booked through the Citi Prestige® Concierge
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after $4,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for a $532 flight on any airline or $400 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases