This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Never miss an episode: Click here to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube!
In case you haven’t noticed, I love to help people take the greatest trips of their lives, whether that means writing about the best ways to maximize your points and miles or sharing my own travel adventures so you’ll be inspired to do them, too. With that in mind, I’m thrilled to announce that our first-ever episode of TPGtv will launch on Monday, Feb. 1 — check out the official TPGtv trailer, below!
In each episode, TPGtv will take you along with me as I explore a new destination and show you all the possibilities of rewards travel. Season 1 starts off with a sneak peek at my new favorite way to fly to Africa (redeeming 90K Delta SkyMiles and paying $5.60 for a Delta One Business Class flight is the way to go!) and an intro to PeaceJam, a wonderful non-profit organization that’s changing the world by having Nobel Laureate teachers educate youth.
You’ll join me as I travel the world and learn how to box from a professional “Black Tiger” boxer in Accra, sand board in Cape Town, trek with gorillas in the jungles of Rwanda, and in Season 2, sail through the gorgeous islands of Ha Long Bay, Vietnam and find out why flying in Emirates First Class will spoil you for life. Be sure to check back each Monday for the latest TPGtv installment.
Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (thepointsguy) for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards