This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Oneworld status matches are available again for Star Alliance and Skyteam elites looking for some new travel perks in 2016. Air Berlin is the latest airline offering frequent flyers loyal to Skyteam, Star Alliance and other carriers the chance to match status with its own program, Topbonus. As part of the benefits, the status will also provide perks that extend to other alliance partners, including American Airlines.
To take advantage of this offer, you can email Air Berlin at email@example.com with your Topbonus number and a picture of your valid frequent flyer card from a competing airline. After submission, applications will be reviewed and processed by Air Berlin’s service team. Note that the offer is not available for travelers that possess status with Oneworld airlines, such as American or British Airways. Check out Oneworld’s tool to see what benefits you’ll enjoy on member airlines.
If you’re already an elite with another airline like Delta or United, this is a fantastic opportunity to get some benefits and perks on Oneworld carriers. You’ll probably get the greatest perks from American Airlines, since you can use your foreign carrier status to access Admirals Club lounges for free. Of course you can also get some benefits usually reserved for AA frequent flyers, like free checked bags with the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard or Admirals Club membership with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard.
H/T: Head for Points
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- Admirals Club® membership for you with guest privileges*
- Complimentary Admirals Club® lounge access for authorized users
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after you spend $40,000 in purchases within the year*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to eight companions traveling with you on the same reservation*