This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Every so often, targeted credit card sign-up bonus offers come around that can be much higher than the available public offers on the same cards. One of the best places to look for these offers is through the CreditCards.com CardMatch Tool. CardMatch allows you you to see if there are any special credit card offers targeted specifically to you, and then you can apply for them right then and there. Although you have to enter your address to get these offers, the great thing about CardMatch is that it does NOT cause a hard credit inquiry on your credit report until you complete a card application.
The CardMatch Tool is where various amazing offers — like this year’s 100,000-point sign-up bonus (instead of the regular 40,000 points) on The Platinum Card from American Express and 50,000 points (instead of the usual 25,000 points) for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express — first appeared and where hundreds, if not thousands, of TPG readers were able to apply for and get in on these lucrative offers.
It also showed a number of great offers for Amex’s various Delta cards, including one for 50,000 miles (instead of the usual 30,000 miles) for signing up and spending $1,000 in three months on the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express.
How To Use It
To take advantage of any special offers available, go to the CardMatch Tool. You should see the following homepage:
Simply enter your personal information.
Then you’ll be shown the terms and conditions and asked to accept. Once you accept, you’ll be told that the system is searching offers for you.
Finally, a new page will appear, populated with the best current credit card offers for which you might be eligible. Mine personally included the best current sign-up bonuses available on various cards including the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Freedom.
It looks like there might not be any targeted Amex or higher Chase offers out there at the moment, but that can change any time, so it’s worth checking in on the CardMatch Tool regularly to see what’s out there. And of course, you can always read The Points Guy to learn about new offers that pop up!
What offers are you seeing through the CardMatch Tool?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards