This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The JetBlue cards from Barclaycard are now available. Earn 30,000 points after $1,000 spent in the first 90 days with The JetBlue Plus Card ($99 annual fee) or 5,000 points after $1,000 spent on purchases in the fist 90 days with The JetBlue Card ($0 annual fee). Get more information here.
This week, JetBlue announced that it will expand its Mint service for flights to the Caribbean. At present, the airline flies its lie-flat business seat on just a handful of routes — and those are mostly on its longer transcon flights, like New York to Los Angeles. JetBlue only recently launched Mint-equipped seasonal service to Aruba (AUA) and Barbados (BGI) from New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS), but due to positive customer response the airline has decided to increase the service from seasonal to year-round.
Starting in 2016, JetBlue will begin regularly operating flights from New York with Mint service to Aruba and Barbados. With this change, JetBlue will become the only carrier offering regular service to the Caribbean from the US with lie-flat premium seats. These products are usually reserved for longer-haul flights, such as transcons and international travel, or are flown to reposition aircraft between cities.
Fares are quite reasonable on select dates, as you can see below:
New York (JFK) to Barbados (BGI) for $398 one-way in Mint on JetBlue in April:
New York (JFK) to Aruba (AUA) for $449 one-way in Mint on JetBlue in April:
With economy fares to the Caribbean often jumping above $300 each way, a small premium for Mint is a no-brainer. On some dates, you can pay just $60 more for a lie-flat seat with meals, alcoholic beverages, including bags and much more.
Would you fly in Mint to the Caribbean?
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees