This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Hilton unveiled its Cyber Monday sale plans, and today Starwood is chiming in with its own post-Thanksgiving deals. During the promo period, you’ll be able to book discounted rates at properties around the world. The exact hotels and destinations participating in the promotion will remain a mystery until the sale goes live, but there’s still quite a bit of information on potential stays. In some cases you’ll be able to save as much as 50% off regular rates, though many of the discounts aren’t quite as significant.
Despite Starwood framing this as a Cyber Monday sale, the deals will actually be bookable for two weeks between November 23 and December 6th, for stays through September 6, 2016. To book, visit spg.com/cybermonday once the promotion is active on November 23. SPG members will also receive an additional 5% off for these Cyber Monday bookings.
Here are some sample discounts and rates:
Sample Cyber Monday discounts include:
– All of Europe, Middle East, Africa 20% off, plus SPG members get an additional 10%
– Bali up to 40% off
– Beijing up to 40% off
– Boston up to 25% off
– Chicago up to 25% off
– Hong Kong up to 30% off
– Maldives up to 40% off
– New York up to 20% off
– Shanghai up to 50% off
– Singapore up to 40% off
– Sydney up to 20% off
– Waikiki up to 15% off
Sample Cyber Monday rates include:
– Boston from $99
– Chicago from $99
– Dubai from AED 306
– London from GBP 179
– New York City from $199
– Paris from EUR 122
– San Diego from $99
– San Francisco from $179
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees