This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a great time to be a Delta flyer looking to book low-level award tickets. Yesterday, we wrote about some fantastic availability for Delta award travel to Europe during next summer’s peak season. Today, there are more award travel opportunities at Delta’s lowest rate to Accra, Ghana from New York in business class for travel dates from now all the way through September of 2016. Delta’s JFK nonstop is one of the most comfortable ways to fly to Africa, and tickets can get quite expensive. Luckily, there are quite a few dates where Delta is offering the lower award ticket rates in business class. Additionally, many of these flights have fantastic availability, with at least 9 seats available throughout the schedule.
Award tickets on this route are often more than 200,000 miles in business class, so if you plan on traveling (especially with miles) to Ghana soon, this is a steal. Not to mention that Delta’s international business class is convenient and comfortable with flat-bed seats and a 1 x 2 x 1 configuration. If you have Platinum or Diamond medallion status, you can also change your award ticket for free up to 72 hours before departure.
Don’t forget you can earn Delta miles with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express or transfer from Membership Rewards using points earned with cards like the Amex Premier Rewards Gold. For more tips on working toward Delta awards, see Nick Ewen’s post on Earning Delta SkyMiles without Flying.
Here are some sample bookings for multiple passengers:
New York (JFK) to Accra (ACC) from 56,000 miles each way in November, December and January for 4 passengers:
New York (JFK) to Accra (ACC) from 56,000 miles each way in November, December and January for 9 passengers:
New York (JFK) to Accra (ACC) from 56,000 miles each way in August and September for 4 passengers:
A sample booking option with flight info:
Seat map of business class to Accra:
Finding reasonably priced Delta award tickets can be challenging, and it’s extremely rare to see such wide availability in business class to Africa. There’s no guarantee that these rates will be available down the road, so be sure to take advantage of these low-level redemption while they’re available.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees