This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas and American Airlines have teamed up to offer more flights between the US/Canada and Australia, and to promote this partnership, Qantas is offering double points on eligible flights with a Qantas (QF) flight number between Australia and the USA or Canada.
The window for this offer is tight; tickets have to be booked between today and October 19, 2015. But the eligible flights are from December 18, 2015 through September 30, 2016 — so if you’ve been hesitating on booking an Australia trip for next year, now’s the time to push the button.
Who’s ready for some caveats?
- An eligible flight for the purpose of this promotion means any International Qantas or American Airlines® flight with a QF flight number on your ticket between Australia and the USA or Canada where Qantas Points are normally earned.
- Connecting domestic flights within Australia and connecting onward international flight segments are not eligible under this offer.
- You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply.
- The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available.
- Points Plus Pay – Flights are available on any itinerary including flights with a QF, JQ, 3K BL, or GK flight number booked on qantas.com.
If you’re planning to fly Qantas or AA (with a Qantas flight number), and you don’t mind earning Qantas points instead of AAdvantage miles, don’t forget to register!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|