This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Priority Pass updated its program this month, with the introduction of new lounges and a new way to access them. Members will have access to more than 850 lounges worldwide, and notably, Priority Pass Cardholders can now use the brand’s app (available for iOS, Android and Blackberry) to access lounges.
Before this update, the only way to access the lounges was to physically have your card with you. The app uses a digital membership card to speed up the check-in process, and makes gaining access to lounges just a little bit less of a nuisance, especially when it’s so easy to forget a card you’d only carry while traveling. Priority Pass says that the majority of its lounges will support the new digital membership card, although they recommend carrying both in case there are any issues.
Priority Pass lounges feature the normal airport-lounge perks, like Wi-Fi and free drinks. Memberships start at $99 per year (you’ll still have to purchase day passes at this price point), or you can gain membership with premium credit cards, such as the Amex Platinum Card. Keep in mind, however, that possessing a Platinum card often isn’t enough to get you in — you need to register for Priority Pass in advance of getting to the airport to guarantee entry.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees