This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The JetBlue cards from Barclaycard are now available. Earn 30,000 points after $1,000 spent in the first 90 days with The JetBlue Plus Card ($99 annual fee) or 10,000 points after $1,000 spent on purchases in the fist 90 days with The JetBlue Card ($0 annual fee). Get more information here.
JetBlue is working to make the airport experience a bit more comfortable for passengers. Earlier this year, the airline opened the first post-security public outdoor space at JFK, complete with a dog-walking area, local food vendors and a grass lawn to relax on and enjoy some fresh air.
Now JetBlue is taking that mission a bit further with an outdoor “farm” — yes, for growing food — located at New York-JFK. The T5 Farm is a partnership with Terra Potato Chips, which will grow blue potatoes and other produce just outside the airport terminal.
The airport-grown potatoes will be used in the production of JetBlue’s in-flight potato chips, Terra Blues, while the other produce will be used by Terminal 5 restaurants and local food pantries.
Unfortunately, the farm is not open to the general public (you need to have a prearranged visit), so don’t expect to spend an afternoon with nature on your way to a connecting flight. However, you can catch a glimpse from the public areas at Terminal 5.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards