This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood regularly awards travelers with small incentives for things like booking a stay through the SPG app or subscribing to e-statements. This month, SPG members can earn points by updating the security question associated with their user accounts. The promo will reward 150 points for just a few minutes of work, and is available until October 31, 2015.
To change the questions and earn your bonus points, either follow this link, or simply go to the “My Profile” page accessed via the toolbar while you’re logged in to your SPG account, and edit your security question in the “My Account” page. After changing the questions, be sure to save your changes.
150 Starpoints is nowhere near enough to get you a night at the W Hong Kong or the Prince de Galles in Paris (or anywhere else), but it will keep your points from expiring. And with Starwood offering bonuses on a frequent basis, it’s certainly worth taking the few minutes to earn the points, as these small offerings add up over time.
SPG is also currently offering up to 10,000 bonus points for staying at Tribute Portfolio properties, such as the Royal Palm South Beach Miami, in addition to running a fall promotion of double points on stays. Of course, you can earn many more Starpoints through Amex’s credit card offers — currently, you’ll earn 25,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first three months with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees