This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada is launching Altitude Students, a program designed to offer special travel offers and exclusive perks exclusively to students in Canada. It’s totally free to join as long as you have a student ID at any Canadian post-secondary institution and an Aeroplan number. And if you sign up by November 6, you’re eligible to win travel-related prizes.
You’ll be an Altitude Students member from the time your registration is confirmed up until the end of the school year (until July 31). If you want to continue taking advantage of Altitude Students perks in the following school year, and are still a registered student, simply come back to register as of August 1.
So, what does the Altitude Students program offer?
- A special rate of CAD $1,249 ($950) on an all-inclusive Air Canada Vacations Spring Break package at the Tesoro Ixtapa from February 14 to February 21.
- A free one-hour in-flight Gogo Wi-Fi session valid through December 31, 2016.
- Convert Aeroplan miles in CAD $250 ($190) increments to help pay for tuition, meal plans and/or residence fees in Canada (with a pretty terrible exchange rate of just 0.54 US cents per mile, unfortunately).
- A Student Pass to go home three times during the school year for as little as CAD $118 ($89) per one-way flight credit. (Must sign up before October 31, 2015; for travel through June 30, 2016.)
Seeing as how it’s free to sign up, it’s an automatic win for students in Canada. Air Canada is building brand loyalty the right way. Do you agree?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards