This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Wyndham Rewards has just announced a 15% discount off the Best Available Rate, plus 200 Wyndham Rewards bonus points, at participating hotels when you book online at least seven days in advance.
Depending on the brand, you need to book either seven or 21 days in advance. The reservation must be pre-paid with a valid credit card, and is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Just find the “Pay Now, Get 200 Points” price under the Rooms & Rates tab on the hotel’s web page.
Per the offer’s terms and conditions: Wyndham Rewards Members who have elected to earn airline miles or rail points rather than Wyndham Rewards points will receive their base earning in airline miles or rail points and will receive the 200 bonus points in Wyndham Rewards points.
Despite having some glitches and issues with award availability, the 2015 revamp of Wyndham Rewards presents opportunities for some pretty valuable redemptions, including a points + cash rate that can help you maximize your points. And depending on whether you get the fee or no-fee Wyndham Rewards Visa card, you can get a 15,000- or up to 30,000 points after $1,000 spent within the first 90 days, which with the new flat reward rate can mean up to two free nights right off the bat.
And to get some ideas for booking, check out these two posts:
- 9 Wyndham Properties that Make for Awesome Award Redemptions
- 6 Wyndham US Beach Properties that make for Awesome Awards
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards