This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This week Emirates is once again offering its companion flight deals — this time from New York to Milan for fall and winter travel. Note that these fares are only available when you book for two people. You’ll pay $998 for two passengers traveling in economy and $3,800 in business class with flat-bed seats on Emirates’ A380, so it works out to roughly $500 per person in economy and $1,900 per person in business. If you’re booking business, you’ll also receive complimentary chauffeur service to bring you to and from the airport during your trip. Not bad!
There are a few important restrictions on the flights:
– You must book by August 20
– You can travel between October 1, 2015 and March 23, 2016
– Blackout dates are during Thanksgiving week in late November, and between December 4, 2015, and January 3, 2016
– A surcharge of $100 (or $200 in business) will be applied per direction for outbound and inbound flights on weekends
Despite the restrictions, this is still a great deal if you can take advantage of it. Unlike some of Emirates’ previous deals, these flights do not appear to require a special promo code to find the best rate.
Route(s): JFK to MXP
Cost: $499 per person in coach, $1,900 per person in business round-trip
Dates: October 2015 through March 2015 (select dates)
Elite Mileage Earning: 1,876 miles + 1,876 Tier Miles (coach), 7,504 miles + 7,504 Tier Miles (business)
Booking Link: Emirates
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of fares we found:
New York (JFK)-Milan (MXP) for $499 on Emirates in economy per person:
New York (JFK)-Milan (MXP) for $1,900 on Emirates in business per person:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more on Milan, check out TPG’s Destination of the Week post.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards