This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ski Dubai, set inside the sprawling Mall of the Emirates, is currently the largest indoor ski resort in the world, but the UAE will soon be home to a yet another winter-sports complex — one that will make the current facility look positively puny in comparison.
According to The Guardian, the new indoor ski resort in Dubai will be part of the recently announced Meydan One residential and entertainment complex. The facility will include a 1.2km run (about 0.75 mile), which should provide seasoned skiers more of a challenge than Ski Dubai’s 400-meter (about 0.25 mile) slope.
With the world’s largest indoor skiing facilities, tallest apartment building, highest restaurant, highest 360-degree observation deck and largest dancing fountain all planned as part of the project, Meydan One will set several new Guinness records while raising the bar for extravagance in Dubai. There will also be a water park and, naturally, another huge mall.
Construction of the new ski resort and other Meydan One attractions should be completed by 2020, when Dubai will host the World Expo. If your travels take you to the emirate before then, Ski Dubai is still worth a visit — as a complete skiing newbie, I had a great time.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards