This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has offered targeted SkyMiles members the opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus SkyMiles each time they fly a paid domestic round-trip first-class flight now through October 31, 2015.
Per the terms of the offer:
- You must have received the communication about it directly from Delta in order to participate.
- Register, purchase and fly a domestic round-trip Delta or Delta Connection in first class by October 31.
- Codeshare flights operated by other carriers are excluded.
- Eligible fare classes include: F, P, A, G, J, C, D, I and Z.
- Complimentary and mileage upgrades do not qualify.
- There is no limit to the number of miles that can be earned within the qualification period.
As you can see from the fare classes listed above, this offer actually counts when there is business class as well.
While you won’t get any bonus MQMs (other than the regular class-of-service bonus MQMs for first/business-class flights), this might still be a good opportunity to rack up bonus miles if you have some potential first-class flights in the next couple of months. Especially if there’s not a huge fare difference between classes.
For instance, check out this sample flight in September from Seattle to Portland:
You’d be paying an extra $78 for first class, but earning 10,000 bonus miles. That’s like getting them for 0.78 cents apiece, far below TPG’s most recent valuation of Delta miles at 1.2 cents apiece.
So if you received this targeted offer, you might as well register, and when planning travel between now and October 31, be sure to compare economy and first-class fares. While many mileage-multiplier bonuses are rarely worth it, in this case, it might be worth shelling out a little extra for those bonus miles.
Hat tip: Points, Miles & Martinis
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|None||15.49%-19.49% Variable||$0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|