This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase just announced an increased sign-up bonus for the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card of 80,000 bonus Marriott points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months. The previous offer for this card was at 50,000 points, so this new offer is a great deal if you’re looking to book a Marriott stay in the near future.
Here are the full details of the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa:
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus, earn 7,500 bonus points when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after your account anniversary date!
- Earn unlimited Marriott Rewards points and get Free Night Stays faster
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards & SPG hotels
- 2 points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants. Plus 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards Elite Status. Receive 15 Elite Credits guaranteeing Silver Elite Status or better.
- All for an $85 Annual Fee
Is It Worth It?
When it comes to redeeming the 80,000 points, cardholders would be able to redeem for 2 nights at any Category 8 property which include the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn, JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa and the Hotel Park City.
In TPG’s monthly valuation of points and miles for July, Marriott points are valued at 0.7 cents a piece. This means that the 80,000-point sign-up bonus is worth about $560 — however, depending on where you redeem, you could be getting even more value. On top of that, every year on your account anniversary you’ll receive a free night that can be used at category 1-5 locations.
Another benefit of this card is the ability to earn elite status since cardholders will earn 15 credits toward their next elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary, as well as 1 elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases.
Also, check out these other on ways to maximize with Marriott:
9 Marriott Properties that Make Awesome Award Redemptions
Finding Value with Marriott’s Cash + Points Awards
6 Low-Level Marriott Properties that Make for Awesome Awards
How to Book Marriott Award Stays When You’re Short on Points
Marriott Offers Free Night for New Rewards Program Members
Marriott Hotel Award Category 2015 Changes – 27% Going Up