This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a roundup of the week’s points, miles and travel industry news you may have missed:
Club Carlson Launches Online Booking Bonus
Club Carlson is giving members the opportunity to earn 2,000 Gold Points per night for reservations made through the Club Carlson website, mobile app or any Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group website at the more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor properties worldwide. The promotion is valid until September 27, 2015 for all members of Club Carlson who register and stay during that time period.
As a reminder, Club Carlson members can still get 5,000 bonus Gold Points each night at select Radisson hotels throughout the US, Canada and Latin America. This offer ends August 31, 2015. In addition, you can save 25% on Club Carlson award night bookings at participating properties in the Caribbean, Mexico, and both Central and South America if you book by July 31, 2015.
Get a Bonus and 15% Discount When You Purchase AAdvantage Miles
You can save 15% when buying or gifting AA miles and earn up to 27,500 bonus miles. The bonus amounts are as follows:
- Buy 1,000 – 15,000 miles, receive 15% off.
- Buy 16,000 – 30,000 miles, receive 5,000 bonus miles and 15% off.
- Buy 31,000 – 45,000 miles, receive 10,000 bonus miles and 15% off.
- Buy 46,000 – 60,000 miles, receive 15,000 bonus miles and 15% off.
- Buy 61,000 – 75,000 miles, receive 20,000 bonus miles and 15% off
- Buy 76,000 – 100,000 miles, receive 27,500 bonus miles and 15% off.
You must purchase before July 13, 2015 to earn the bonus and save.
Reminder: Get These Ten Travel Cards for Summer Travel
In case you missed it, here’s our list of the top travel rewards cards for this summer. Our picks were based on a variety of factors, including bonuses, usefulness overseas (thanks to EMV chips and no foreign transaction fees), insurance coverage and waived checked bag fees. Here are the cards that made the cut:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold
- BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card
- Amex Everyday Preferred Credit Card
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card
- Citi Prestige Card
- The Platinum Card from American Express
- United MileagePlus Explorer Card
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Card from American Express
Check out the full post for more information on how each card can help you this summer.
Earn Bonus SriLankan Miles with Hilton HHonors Stays
You can earn 4x miles from SriLankan Airlines when you stay at participating Hilton properties in Singapore, Malaysia and The Maldives, and 3x miles everywhere else.
To earn up to quadruple SriLankan miles, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Hilton HHonors member.
- Be a SriLankan FlySmiLes member.
- Register for this promotion.
- Select SriLankan Airlines as your preferred Double Dip partner.
Air France Increases Flying Blue Awards
With no prior warning, Air France has increased its Flying Blue Flex Awards for first class and business class by 25%. The chart above lists some sample redemptions with the new award prices. However, it seems that when you call to book an award, you can request the pre-devaluation award prices until August of 2015 (this is not posted anywhere on the website, but H/T to Points to Be Made).
Earn 25 SkyMiles per Dollar at FTD.com for Summer Flower Purchases
You can earn 25 SkyMiles per dollar spent on summer flowers at FTD.com until July 31, 2015. Make sure to enter your Delta SkyMiles number when purchasing to ensure you receive your miles.
$500 off W Hotels Beds at the W Hotels Store
If you’re dying to purchase your very own W Hotels bed, you can get $500 off, plus a 25% discount all bedding, bath accessories and more. There is no specific promo code, and the sale is available to all. There doesn’t seem to be a specific expiration date, so buy while supplies last.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|