This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The JetBlue cards from Barclaycard are now available. Earn 30,000 points after $1,000 spent in the first 90 days with The JetBlue Plus Card ($99 annual fee) or 10,000 points after $1,000 spent on purchases in the fist 90 days with The JetBlue Card ($0 annual fee). Get more information here.
JetBlue unveiled the new T5 Rooftop and the first post-security outdoor space available to all passengers at JFK Airport yesterday. The new family- and pet-friendly green space is located at Terminal 5, and features picturesque views of the Manhattan skyline and the Eero Saarinen TWA Terminal. The rooftop has free Wi-Fi, space for dog walking and even a bit of food and beverage service, with carts and kiosks featuring New York favorites.
JetBlue passengers traveling through the terminal this summer will also have the chance to enjoy live music events, food and beverage tastings and other entertainment while waiting for flights.
There are also rumors that JetBlue has plans to open a second green space at Terminal 5 in New York, which could have a Farmer’s Market selling local produce to travelers, according to Condé Nast Traveler.
Terminal 5 at JFK isn’t the only place to catch some sun while waiting for your flight. A bunch of different airports around the world have similar areas, although only a few are open to all passengers and offer a chance to spot some awesome planes. The Star Alliance Lounge in Los Angeles (LAX), for example, has a similar setup with an outdoor terrace, as do a handful of international airports.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards