This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As July comes to a close, many bonuses and promotions are also ending. Here’s a round-up of the current offers that will soon be gone:
As a reminder, FoundersCard currently has an exclusive status challenge with American Airlines, putting cardholders on the fast track to earning AAdvantage Platinum status. To complete the challenge, members will need to earn 10,000 elite-qualifying points during a three-month trial period beginning in August — unlike the public Platinum challenge, you don’t have to pay to enroll, and you’ll receive temporary status right away. Those who meet the requirements will earn status not only for the remainder of this year, but also for 2016 in its entirety. AAdvantage Platinum normally requires 50,000 elite-qualifying points or miles, or 60 segments in a calendar year, so this is a massive shortcut. You must enroll in the challenge by 11:59pm CT on July 31, 2015 to participate.
In conjunction with the status challenge offer, FoundersCard is offering TPG readers a discounted $395 annual membership fee and waiving the $95 membership initiation fee — use code FCPOINTSVIP at signup.
As a reminder, now through August 6, 2015, Delta is running a limited-time award travel sale, offering discounted SkyMiles redemptions starting at just 5,000 SkyMiles each way for select routes within the United States. This sale is valid for travel for select dates between August 6 and December 16, 2015.
Now through August 12, United MileagePlus Shopping is running a back-to-school promotion that will hopefully set a new standard for limited-time offers, raising the earning rates at several merchants and offering a one-time bonus of up to 4,000 miles.
Here’s a break-down of bonus structure:
- Tier 1 — Spend $125, earn 500 bonus award miles
- Tier 2 — Spend $600, earn 1,750 bonus award miles
- Tier 3 — Spend $1,500, earn 4,000 bonus award miles
These bonuses are in addition to the miles you would normally earn on your purchases. However, you’ll only earn one bonus for the entire promotion. In other words, you don’t get 500 miles after hitting $125 and an additional 1,750 bonus miles after hitting $600.
75,000-Point Sign-up Bonus for Citi Hilton Visa Signature
The Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card is a great everyday credit card for those wanting to earn Hilton HHonors points, and the current sign-up bonus can give your account a serious boost. The card’s current increased sign-up offer is now 75,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points after making $2,000 in purchases within the first three months, with no annual fee.
This card also provides complimentary Hilton Silver status for as long as you are a cardmember, with the opportunity to earn Hilton Gold status. This offer is expected to end soon, so if you’re interested in applying, be sure to act fast.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards