This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
More deals to Asia continue this month with cheap fares from several US gateway cities to Ho Chi Minh City. Quite a few recent deals have been focused on tickets to Hong Kong, Taipei and Bangkok, but if you’re looking to travel to Vietnam (or anywhere else in the region), it’s your lucky day.
Here are a few examples of what we found:
Newark to Ho Chi Minh City for $631 on United (earns 18,340 PQMs):
Miami to Ho Chi Minh City for $633 on United (earns 19,944 PQMs):
Baltimore to Ho Chi Minh City for $633 on United (earns 18,110 PQMs):
San Francisco to Ho Chi Minh City for $637 on United (earns 15,684 PQMs):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more information, check out our Destination of the Week: Ho Chi Minh City.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Hat Tip: The Flight Deal
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards