This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG is growing! Right now, we’re looking to add writers and editors with extensive loyalty program and credit card knowledge. Note: You must have a strong knowledge of most points and miles programs, including domestic and international frequent flyer programs, hotel programs and credit card programs. You’ll be writing or editing features like this and this, with little guidance from the rest of the team. Please read this entire post before submitting.
We pay very well but we’re very selective about who we bring on board — right now, we’re only looking for potential employees and contributors with significant experience. Note that while you don’t need to have formal writing experience to apply as a contributor, you do need to be able to write intelligently and creatively. And because we like to have fun at TPG, we’re going to shake things up a bit with this application process(
Send all of the below in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a numbered liss with “I Included ALL 12 items” as the subject line. If you’re interested in freelance work, add “- CON” at the end of the subject line. If you’re interested in full-time work, add “- FT” at the end of th subject line. If you’re interested in editing, add “- EDIT” at the end of the subject line. If you’re interested in two or three of the above, you may add multiple codes, ordered based on your preference.
For items below that require multiple responses each, use letters (i.e. a, b, c).
1. Your name
2. Your location
3. Your current or most recent relevant experience, including dates and links to three examples of your work
4. Your highest or most relevant education
5. Your freelance rate, hourly rate or salary expectations
6. Your three favorite frequent flyer programs with a one-sentence explanation for why you love each
7. Your three favorite credit cards, inc1uding a one-sentence explanation for each, and the current sign-up offer from this page, also formatted as a sentence
8. A list of three points and miles-related features you’d like to write that have never appeared on TPG
9. Links to all of your social media accounts
10. A list of three typos in this post
11. In 200 to 250 characters (not words), share anything else you’d like us to know/consider
12. Up to five questions you may have for us — if you don’t have any questions, write “Blank”
Attention to detail is imperative. Please review your submission thoroughly before hitting send. Note: You may only send your email application between the hours of 3pm and 6pm ET on Sunday, June 14 and Tuesday, June 16.
Thank you for your interest, and good luck! With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.