This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Freedom
Good news for Chase Freedom cardholders! Chase sent out what appears to be a targeted offer to some card members, letting you earn a bonus of $100 cash back as long as you spend $500 per month from July 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015.
With six months of spending, you’ll need to charge at least $3,000 in total to the card by the end of the year — when you factor in the monthly spend requirement, this might be a bit more hassle than it’s worth, unless you already plan to use Freedom for purchases on a regular basis. If you play your cards right, you could pair this offer with Chase Freedom’s quarterly bonuses — from July through September, you can earn 5% cash back (or five Ultimate Rewards points per dollar) on the first $1,500 spent at gas stations and Kohl’s, and you can earn the same bonus on Amazon purchases during the final quarter of 2015.
Reminder: Today is the last day of Chase’s limited-time bonus offer. So now is the time to apply for the Chase Freedom card and receive 20,000 points when you spend $500 in the first three months.
Here are the offer details:
You can get $100 cash back by following these three easy steps:
1. Switch to using your Chase Freedom credit card for all the everyday purchases you already make, such as gas and groceries.
2. Spend $500 or more in each calendar month, starting July 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015. Every purchase you make with your Chase Freedom card counts.
3. Get $100 bonus cash back — that’s on top of the cash back you already earn.
Terms and Conditions:
You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make Purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during each month of the promotional period. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for bonus points to post to your account. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.
For The Points Guy’s review of the Chase Freedom card, watch this video
For more information on the Chase Freedom card, check out these posts:
- Why Chase Freedom Isn’t Just Another Cash Back Card
- What is the Best Rewards Credit Card with No Annual Fee?
- Ranking the Top Cash Back Credit Cards
- Quarterly 5% Bonus Categories: Chase Freedom & Discover It
- Ways to Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Partner
- Chase Freedom Ends 10% Annual Bonus & Other Changes
- How to Get 1.34 Cents Per Point for Travel with Chase Freedom
- Maximizing Credit Card Bonus Categories to Earn More Points
- Top Credit Card Offers with No Annual Fee
It's a stellar Cash Back card on its own, but when paired with the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred, the Freedom's 5x Category Bonuses let you rack up Chase Ultimate Rewards Points, transferrable to partners or redeemable via the portal.