This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
***Your best bet for finding these fares is to book through Priceline***
For those looking to head to Brazil, we’ve sure seen a lot of cheap flights lately. Earlier this week, we saw fares from $434 to São Paulo, while today’s deal is even cheaper if you want to head down to South America.
Per the Flight Deal, you can score cheap flights from several US cities — including Orlando, New York (JFK), Los Angeles and Miami — to Iguazu Falls, Brazil starting at just $272 roundtrip on LAN this fall.
Orlando to Iguazu Falls, Brazil for $272 on LAN (earns 9,084 EQMs):
New York to to Iguazu Falls, Brazil on LAN/TAM for $323 (earns 10,752 EQMs):
Los Angeles to Iguazu Falls, Brazil on LAN/TAM for $398 (earns 13,636 EQMs):
Since LAN and TAM are both members of Oneworld, you’d be best off crediting these flights to American Airlines, as they would earn full EQMs in the AAdvantage program.
As a reminder, you’ll need a tourist visa if you want to head down to Brazil — for help with visas we recommend our friends at Allied Passport & Visa.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (both 3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Hat Tip: the Flight Deal
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards