This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood has updated its sign-up bonus offer for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. You’ll now receive 25,000 bonus Starpoints after spending $3,000 within the first three months of getting this card, with a waived annual fee the first year.
- Get 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- Get free nights at over 1,200 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Per my recent valuations of points and miles, I rate Starpoints at 2.4 cents each, meaning these 25,000 Starpoints are worth about $600. The great thing with Starpoints is that you can transfer to a slew of airline partners, and when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints, you receive a 5,000-point bonus. So if you were to transfer these 25,000 Starpoints to American, you’d actually end up 30,000 AAdvantage miles.
Another great perk with the SPG Amex is the opportunity to earn SPG Gold status after spending $30,000 on the card within a calendar year. SPG Gold benefits include 4pm checkout, enhanced guest rooms and a choice of welcome amenity (options include bonus Starpoints, premium internet access and a complimentary beverage).
If you’re looking to earn SPG Platinum status, this card offers 2 stay and 5 night credits per year as well, which will get you started toward the required 25 stays or 50 nights required for SPG Platinum status.
You can earn even more stay or night credits toward Platinum by adding the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express as well, since you would earn an additional 2 stays and 5 nights with this card. This card’s sign-up bonus is 25,000 after spending $5,000 within the first three months, with a waived annual fee the first year.
If you have any questions about the SPG Amex card, feel free to comment below.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||15.49%-19.49% Variable||$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.||0%||Excellent Credit|