This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase has just launched a limited-time sign-up offer on the Ink Plus Business Card for 60,000 points when you spend $5,000 in 3 months. That’s 20% higher than the normal sign-up bonus of 50,000 points, so if you’ve been holding off on getting this card, now is a good time to do it. Chase is also offering a limited-time offer on the Ink Business Cash Credit Card for $300 in cash back when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months.
Here are the terms of the current limited-time offers:
Current Bonus: 60,000 points after spending $5,000 in 3 months.
Benefits: Earn 5 points per dollar at office supply stores, and on cell phone, land line, internet, and cable TV services (on up to $50,000 in spending annually). Earn 2 points per dollar spent at gas stations and on hotel accommodations (again, on up to $50,000 in spending annually). No foreign transaction fees. Ability to transfer points to 11 travel partners, including United, British Airways, Southwest and Hyatt.
Annual Fee: $95
This business card comes loaded with benefits, including 5x and 2x category spending bonuses and the ability to earn points that you can transfer to any of Chase’s 11 travel partners. I value Ultimate Rewards points at 2.1 cents apiece, so I think this sign-up bonus is worth $1,260. Unfortunately, Chase recently removed the Lounge Club benefit, but the fundamental value of the card hasn’t changed.
Normally Chase offers a sign-up bonus of 50,000 points for Ink Plus, and waives the $95 annual fee for the first year. With this offer the fee isn’t waived, but you get an extra 10,000 points, which is effectively like buying Ultimate Rewards for less than one cent apiece. While some folks might prefer to have the fee waived, I think this is an easy win, and a great reason to get the card now if you’ve been thinking about it.
Ink Business Cash Card
Current Bonus: $300 cash back after spending $3,000 in 3 months.
Other Benefits: Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent annually at gas stations and restaurants, and 1% cash back on everything else. This card comes with a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months; then 13.74%-19.74% (Variable).
Chase refers to this as a cash back card, but like Chase Freedom, it earns Ultimate Rewards points that can be transferred and redeemed in other lucrative ways if you also have the Ink Plus or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. For more info about how to maximize these rewards, check out Jason Steele’s recent post about Why Chase Freedom Isn’t Just Another Cash Back Card.
For more information about how to get the most out of these cards and Ultimate Rewards in general, check out these posts:
- 10 Chase Ink Benefits You Might Not Know About
- Ranking the Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partners
- Top 10 Ways to Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partner
- Why I Love Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Earn $300 bonus cash back when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No Annual Fee