This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton HHonors has unveiled a new promo that awards travelers double points for qualified hotel stays. The promo allows you to choose whether you want to earn double HHonors points or double airline miles with your preferred airline. The Double Your HHonors promo is available from now until May 31, 2015 as long as you’re registered for the Hilton HHonors program before you check out at the end of your stay.
- Members can earn double HHonors base points or double airline miles for qualified hotel stays completed between now and May 31, 2015, at participating properties.
- To participate in the Double Your HHonors promotion, members must register before checking out of their stay, now through May 31, 2015.
- During registration, members will need to select either Double Points or Double Miles for the duration of the promotion.
- To earn Double Miles, members must select “Points and Miles” as their MyWay Earning Style preference, and must select their preferred airline partner.
- Terms & Conditions for this promotion can be found at www.HHonors.com/Double.
If you have an itinerary with Hilton in the coming months, this promo is an easy opportunity to boost your points earnings. I like this offer for it’s flexibility in allowing you to earn either airline miles or HHonors points. Hilton offers 10 base points per dollar spent on your room, and although I value Hilton HHonors points at only about 0.5 cents apiece in my most recent monthly valuations, 10 bonus points is still worth more than 1 or 2 bonus miles.
There are several other easy Hilton HHonors promos worth looking into. Hilton is (supposedly) offering 1,000 HHonors points to all members simply for updating their online passwords. That promo doesn’t seem to have taken effect yet, but keep an eye on it, because it doesn’t get much easier than that. Also, Hilton recently released a targeted promo for Gold and Diamond elite members, offering 100,000 HHonors points simply for logging in. You may not be eligible for the offer, but it’s worth a shot!
If you’re looking for other ways to boost your Hilton HHonors account, the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card earns 10 points per dollar spent on hotel stays within the Hilton HHonors portfolio, 5 points per dollar spent on airline and car rental purchases, and 3 points per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus, it comes with a sign-up bonus of 2 free weekend nights after you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months.
The Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express currently offers a sign-up bonus of 100,000 HHonors points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months, and earns 12 bonus points per dollar spent within the Hilton portfolio. Check out Nick Ewen’s review of co-branded Hilton HHonors credit cards from Citi and Amex for more details about these and other options.
This card’s sign-up bonus of two free nights can be worth as much as 190,000 points if you redeem them at top-tier properties like the Conrad Maldives, and it also confers automatic Gold status and the ability to earn Diamond status through spending.
- Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio after you make $2,500 in purchases within 4 months of account opening*
- Earn 10 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton Portfolio*
- Earn 5 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on airline and car rental purchases*
- Earn 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on all other purchases*
- Enjoy the benefits of HHonors Gold status as long as you are a cardmember*
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases*
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with your Citi chip credit card