This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Happy New Year everyone! Per this Flyertalk thread, there are some amazing fares right now from New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv for $367 round-trip via Moscow on Transaero Airlines.
You can also book New York (JFK) to Beijing, China for $465 all-in which is a great deal. These fares are bookable on both Kayak.com and Airfare.com. The dates that I have been testing are for January and February 2015, but feel free to play around with your own dates and see what you can find!
New York (JFK)- Tel Aviv $367!
New York (JFK)- Beijing $465!
While Transaero Airlines isn’t part of a major alliance and these cheap flights won’t help towards any major elite status, you can still bank extra credit card points by using a card that maximizes airfare purchases, like 3x on airfare with the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or 2x on the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Transaero Airlines has had some financial trouble recently, however the most recent news is that the Russian Government has backed the airline, so just keep that mind when booking these, and you may want to book with a credit card that offers travel protection insurance.
Play around the dates to see if these cheap fares work for your cities and dates!
Last week we saw Amazing Etihad Fares- JFK- Abu Dhabi from $187, so for those who missed out on those, be sure to take advantage of these!
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees