This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Freedom
As I’ve written about before, I’ve had the Chase Freedom card for years now and it becomes even more powerful when combined with the Chase Sapphire Preferred and/or Ink Plus cards. The standard sign-up bonus on the Freedom card is $100 (10,000 points) when you spend $500 within the first three months of card membership, however, today is the last day for the increased $200 (20,000 points) sign-up bonus.
The card offers rotating quarterly bonuses that allow you to earn 5 points per dollar in certain categories, up to $1,500 per quarter. So if you maximize each 5x quarter, you can bank 30,000 valuable Ultimate Rewards points per year on $6,000 in spend. Per my recent valuations, I value Ultimate Rewards points at about 2.1 cents a piece, meaning you can earn $630 worth of points each year from this card.
In addition to the increased sign-up bonus, Chase just announced their first quarter categories for the Chase Freedom which will be grocery stores, Starbucks and movie theaters. As a reminder, if you are already a cardholder, you can register here to activate your spending bonus each quarter.
For my review of the Chase Freedom card, check out this video:
For more info on the Chase Freedom card, check out these posts:
Ways to Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Partner
Quarterly 5% Bonus Categories: Chase Freedom & Discover It
Chase Freedom Ends 10% Annual Bonus & Other Changes
How To Get 1.34 Cents Per Point For Travel With Chase Freedom
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards