This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Don’t forget, today is American Express’s annual Small Business Saturday, where Amex cardholders can receive statement credits on purchases made with their American Express cards at local businesses.
The purpose of Small Business Saturday is to draw attention to the many brick and mortar businesses that frequently get overlooked by giving Amex cardholders a statement credit when they use an American Express card at a participating business.
So today ONLY, American Express cardholders will receive up to three $10 statement credit on purchases of $10 or more for up to $30 in statement credits per registered card when they shop at small businesses.
You need to have previously registered the card, and if the cap hasn’t been reached, you can still register before you shop today. You can register and use each Amex card you have – personal and business as well as primary and additional accounts – and get up to $30 statement credit for each, so the more cards you have, the more potential savings. This year, you can also register your American Express Bluebird card. For more information and rules, click here.
Now head out and start shopping!
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees