This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Freedom
I’ve had the Chase Freedom card for years now and it becomes even more powerful when combined with the Chase Sapphire Preferred and/or Ink Plus and Bold cards. The standard sign-up bonus on the Freedom card is $100 (10,000 points) when you spend $500 within the first three months of card membership, however for a limited-time they are offering a $200 (20,000 points) sign-up bonus.
The card offers rotating quarterly bonuses that allow you to earn 5 points per dollar in certain categories, up to $1,500 per quarter. So if you maximize each 5x quarter, you can bank 30,000 valuable Ultimate Rewards points per year on $6,000 in spend. Per my recent valuations, I value Ultimate Rewards points at about 2.1 cents a piece, meaning you can earn $630 worth of points each year from this card.
In addition to the increased sign-up bonus, Chase just announced their first quarter categories for the Chase Freedom which will be grocery stores, Starbucks and movie theaters. As a reminder, if you are already a cardholder, you can register here to activate your spending bonus each quarter.
If you haven’t activated your card for the final 5x categories of 2013 which is Amazon.com, Zappos.com, and select department dtores you should do so by December 14th and you will be retroactively credited for all your pertinent spend this quarter.
Here are the card details on the Chase Freedom card:
- For a limited time, earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Offer ends December 17, 2014. Apply now!
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99-22.99%
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases between October 1 – December 31, 2014 at Amazon.com, Zappos.com and select department stores
- You’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants, and Amazon.com. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No annual fee and rewards never expire
For more info on the Chase Freedom card, check out these posts:
Ways to Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Partner
Quarterly 5% Bonus Categories: Chase Freedom & Discover It
Chase Freedom Ends 10% Annual Bonus & Other Changes
How To Get 1.34 Cents Per Point For Travel With Chase Freedom
Chase Freedom 5x Category Bonuses Announced For Throughout 2014
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|0% for 15 months||14.24%-23.24% Variable||$0||3.00%||Excellent/Good|