This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a round-up of the week’s points, miles and travel industry news you may have missed:
Earn up to 7,500 Bonus Marriott Reward Points for Canada Stays
You can earn 1,500 bonus Marriott Reward Points per night (with a maximum of 7,500 points per stay) at select Marriott properties in Canada. The offer includes stays in a deluxe room and is available seven days a week. You must book with the promo code MRP, which is valid on stays between December 15, 2014-March 15, 2015 (blackout dates may apply). The hotels listed below are participating in the promotion:
- Courtyard Calgary Airport
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
- Edmonton Marriott at River Creek Resort
- Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
- Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
- Ottawa Marriott Hotel
- Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
- Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
- Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
- Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
- Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
- Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel
- Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Bank with BankDirect and Earn AAdvantage Miles
You can earn AAdvantage miles for banking with BankDirect for new FDIC-insured checking accounts, money market accounts & CDs. The amounts you can earn are as follows:
- Earn 1,000 miles for each new Mileage Checking Account or Mileage Money Market Account opened.
- Earn 10,000 miles for establishing full payroll direct deposit from your employer into a Mileage Checking Account.
- Earn 5,000 miles for using BankDirect’s bill pay service.
- Earn 5,000 miles for using your BankDirect Visa CheckCard.
- Earn 1,000 miles for referring a friend when they open a Mileage Checking account.
Mileage offers are available on applicable accounts only, and some restrictions may apply, such as early withdrawal penalties.
All customers are limited to two transaction accounts per household; one Mileage Checking Account and one Money Market Account. More details can be found here.
Earn Bonus Southwest Rapid Rewards for Online Shopping
You can earn 300 bonus Southwest Rapid Rewards points for every $175 you spend through the Southwest Airlines Shopping Portal, up to 1,200 points. The amounts are as follows:
- Spend $175, get 300 bonus points
- Spend $350, get 600 bonus points
- Spend $525, get 900 bonus points
- Spend $700, get 1,200 bonus points
This promotion runs through November 23, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.ET. Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus points.
Save 10% on Hyatt Gift Cards
You can save 10% on Hyatt gift cards (only the physical, plastic ones, not the e-versions). As of now, there’s no expiration date for this offer, and you can get the discount on as many cards as you want. Keep in mind that there’s a $6 shipping fee added to the order of any physical card. The gift cards are valid for use at participating Hyatt hotels in the US, Canada, and Caribbean. Make sure to enter the promo code GPGIFT14, and you’ll see the new discounted total reflected in your cart.
Club Carlson Offers Double Points or Elite Nights
Club Carlson has launched a promotion for double Gold Points or elite qualifying nights for stays until December 30, 2014. You can earn 20 additional Gold Points per $1 spent or one additional elite qualifying night for each night you stay. You must choose between points or stays when you register for the offer, and you can’t change your selection once you’ve made it. You must be a Club Carlson member to participate in the promotion.
Earn up to 6,000 Bonus Alitalia Millemiglia Miles for Hilton Stays
You can earn 1,500 Millemiglia bonus miles every time you stay at a participating Hilton property in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. The bonus is offered for the first four stays completed during the promotional period, for up to 6,000 total Millemiglia miles. In order to get your miles, follow the steps below:
• Register for this promotion With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
• Select Alitalia as your preferred travel partner in your HHonors profile
• Choose Points & Miles as your earning style option in your HHonors profile
• Book your stay directly through Hilton
• Complete a stay at one of these participating Hilton properties before January 31, 2015
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.