This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines just launched a new promotion where AAdvantage members can earn up to 125,000 bonus AAdvantage miles when flying to Europe in business or first class from now through January 10, 2015.
Here’s how the offer works, you’ll earn 20,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after your first flight, 40,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after your second flight, and 65,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after your third round-trip flight, for a grand total of 125,000 AAdvantage miles. In addition to American Airlines, you can earn these bonus miles by flying the following airlines:
- US Airways
- British Airways
You must register for the promotion before you fly using the promotion code USF14.
The terms and conditions are as follows:
- Includes First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I on American Airlines operated flights; Business Class fares booked in C, D or Z on US Airways operated flights; First Class or Club World (Business Class) fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D or I on British Airways operated flights; Business Class fares booked in C, D, I or J on Finnair operated flights; Business Class fares booked in J, C, D, R or I on Iberia operated flights; Biz Bed (Business Class) fares booked in J, R, D or I on OpenSkies operating as British Airways flights.
- Offer is valid on American Airlines, US Airways, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia or OpenSkies operated and/or marketed nonstop flights for round‑trip travel between the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe, September 23, 2014, through January 10, 2015. The offer applies only to AAdvantage members who are U.S., Canada or Mexico residents, and who purchase and fly on eligible published‑fare tickets. Flights operated by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Bonus miles will be awarded based on the booking class purchased and can only be earned for a maximum of three round-trips. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler status. Registration prior to travel is required.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees