This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the past few weeks, we’ve written about Frontier Airlines offering $19 fares from Phoenix and $15 fares from Houston to San Francisco. Today they’re back at it with $15 fares from Chicago O’Hare, Miami and Philadelphia.
Frontier is launching new service in American Airlines hub Miami and US Airways hub Philadelphia, and to celebrate they’re offering some super cheap fares on their new routes.
Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Sep. 30, 2014 for domestic, non-stop travel on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on certain dates from January 6-14, 2015. Fares are one way and do not require round-trip purchase. Aside from the $14.99 fares, Frontier is also offering $39 fares in select markets for December 30, 2014 through January 28, 2015
While Frontier may not be a part of a major alliance and these cheap flights won’t help toward any major elite status, you can still bank extra credit card points by using a card that maximizes airfare purchases, like 3x points per dollar on airfare with the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or 2x points on the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Report your success if you’re able to snag any of these deals!
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees