This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We recently wrote about Amazon Payments and the Ability to Send and Receive Money with a credit card. Currently with Amazon Payments, users can send and receive up to $1,000 each calendar month using a credit card without being charged any fees, creating the opportunity to earn credit card points for expenses that might otherwise be paid in cash or by check, like a house cleaner, piano lessons, loans between friends, etc. Money received can then be withdrawn to a linked bank account (again with no fees), meaning it doesn’t cost either party anything.
Well, I just received the following email from Amazon which states that this option will be ending on October 13, 2014.
“Additionally, we have updated the terms and conditions of our User Agreement (https://payments.amazon.com/
I’m disappointed that this feature is being taken away, since it allowed me to put an extra $12,000 per year on my credit cards for things that I paid for anyway, making it much easier to meet minimum spend requirements for new cards. However there are still other ways to use credit cards for expenses that you might typically pay with a check or cash. For suggestions, check out Flyertalk’s forum devoted to the subject.
How will this latest change to Amazon Payments affect your spending habits?
The best sign-up bonus we've ever seen from the SPG Amex is here, for a limited time only. Earn up to 35,000 Starpoints which can be used for hotel redemption around the globe, transferred to over 30 airline partners, and even transfer from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Limited Time Offer- Earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints® after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends 4/5.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees