This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is currently running a promotion where you can earn an extra 30,000 AAdvantage miles for flying a return transatlantic trip in First or Business Class. However, the bonus is not available to passengers based in the US, and is instead only offered to passengers with registered addresses in select European countries (not including the UK, see full list below).
While many readers won’t be eligible, this promo could still be very useful to European flyers for several reasons. First, the bonus miles are available for flying a transatlantic round-trip not only on American Airlines (including flights on US Airways), but also on the following partner airlines:
- British Airways
Additionally, if you fly in World Traveller Plus on British Airways, you’ll earn an extra 15,000 bonus miles in addition to the miles you would normally earn.
Second, a positive of this bonus is that you can fly as much as you want; there’s no limit to the number of bonus miles you can earn via this promotion. Just make sure to book between August 22, 2014 and December 19, 2014 and travel between September 1 and December 19, 2014.
The terms and conditions are as follows:
- Includes First Class or Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I on American Airlines operated flights; Business Class fares booked in C, D or Z on US Airways operated flights; First Class, Club World or World Traveller Plus fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D or I, W, E, T on British Airways operated flights; Biz Bed or Prem Plus fares booked in J, R, D, I or W, E, T, Z, A on OpenSkies operated flights; Business Class fares booked in J, C, D, R or I on Iberia operated flights; Business Class fares C,D,I or J on Finnair operated flights.
- Offer applies only to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in one of these countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City State.
- Registration prior to travel is required. AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid on American Airlines, US Airways, British Airways, OpenSkies, Iberia or Finnair marketed and operated nonstop flights for return travel between Europe and North America from 1 September through 19 December 2014. Members must purchase and fly on eligible published-fare tickets. Flights operated or marketed by any other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times. Bonus miles will be awarded based on the booking class purchased and will be posted immediately, for each eligible one-way segment flown. Bonus miles do not count towards elite status qualification or Million Miler status.
- 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- In addition to the bonus Avios, you will also get 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.