This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Driven by a highly competitive rental car market, Enterprise Rent-A-Car recently announced some sexy new enhancements to its Enterprise Plus loyalty program, including points earning/redemptions in Europe, the option of receiving an e-receipt following a rental, and status match opportunities.
First launched in 2012, the Enterprise Plus program earns its members one point per qualifying dollar spent on Enterprise rentals, and free rental redemptions start at 400 points for any available car on any day – subject to availability – with no blackout dates. (Note that points aren’t earned on free rental redemptions.) As long as members book one qualifying program rental every 36 months, their Enterprise Plus points won’t expire.
The loyalty program’s four-tiered elite status is based purely on rental activity, as seen in the chart below:
Since its inception, Enterprise Plus has allowed its members to earn and redeem points only for rentals in North America, but Enterprise’s Drive Alliance partnership with National Car Rental and Alamo has expanded the loyalty program’s reach. Enterprise Plus members can now redeem points for free rental days at participating Enterprise locations in France, Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom. This new redemption option in combination with the Drive Alliance makes getting free rentals in Europe much easier.
Another new Enterprise loyalty-program advantage is the option to receive eReceipts for rentals with both Enterprise and National, making it easier for members to keep track of their rental activity online.
The final enhancement is a new status match program that allows members of Avis and Hertz loyalty programs to match their current elite status when switching into the Enterprise Plus program. The chart below details these new status match options:
To apply for an Enterprise status match, Avis and Hertz members must submit proof of their current status by providing both their account number and current monthly statement.
For more on how to get the most out of rental car loyalty programs, check out the following posts:
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards