This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a recap of the top points and miles news from this week:
Reminder: Buy AA Miles and Earn Up to 16,500 Bonus Miles: American Airlines has a limited time offer for AAdvantage members to purchase up to 80,000 miles and receive bonus miles based on how many you buy. In order to maximize this promotion you would want to buy 55,000 miles, since you’ll receive the same amount of bonus miles whether you purchase 55,000 or 80,000 miles. BuyAAmiles and giftAAmiles transactions are limited to a combined maximum of 80,000 miles, per account, per calendar year, and purchased or bonus miles don’t count towards elite status qualification. You have until 11 pm on July 31, 2014 to purchase.
Get 3,100 Skymiles When You Sign Up For DirecTV: Delta Skymiles is running a promotion where you get 3,100 bonus SkyMiles by signing up for DirectTV. The cost is $24.99 per month (you must sign up for 12 months), plus free Genie upgrade & NFL Sunday Ticket are included. You must purchase this through the Skymiles shopping portal to earn the bonus. More information is available on the DirecTV website. You must sign up before July 23, 2014.
Get a 50% Bonus for Buying Alitalia MilleMiglia Miles: Alitalia is running a promotion that offers up to a 50% bonus for buying or gifting MilleMiglia miles. The chart below lists the bonus amounts you can get:
- Buy 1,000 – 4,000 miles = No bonus
- Buy 5,000 – 9,000 miles = 15% bonus
- Buy 10,000– 29,000 miles = 35% bonus
- Buy 30,000 – 39,000 miles = 45% bonus
- Buy 40,000 miles = 50% bonus
You can buy a maximum of 40,000 miles per year, but keep in ind that only up to 75% of the miles required for award can come from purchased or transferred miles. At least 25% of the miles must be earned from Alitalia flight or other partner activity. This offer is valid until July 31, 2014.
Earn Bonus Points at Wyndham: Earn up to 10X bonus points with the “Unpack Your Bonus” promotion at Wyndham. You can earn the bonus for up to four stays in a maximum of three rooms until September 15, 2014. The bonus amount is randomly distributed. Depending on your luck, you could get either 2X, 4X, 5X or 10X the bonus points. Remember to register for the promotion before your stay.
Earn Bonus Points for Joining the Virgin America Elevate Program: As per the Virgin America’s “Break Free” campaign you could earn bonus miles for signing up for the program and taking y our first flight before December 31, 2014.You get 2,500 bonus Elevate points for economy flights, 5,000 bonus points for Main Cabin Select, and 7,500 points for first class. Plus, you get 500 points for simply signing up. If you’re already a member, you can get bonus points for referring friends.
Get Bonus Skymiles for Flying to Latin America, Mexico and the Caribbean on Delta: You can earn bonus Skymiles for flying on Delta to Latin America, Mexico and the Caribbean. You must book your travel by September 30, 2014 and then fly to the Caribbean, Latin America or Mexico between September 2, 2014, and December 11, 2014. The bonus amounts are as follows:
- Economy to Mexico/Latin America: 5,000 mile bonus
- First/Business to Mexico/Latin America: 10,000 mile bonus
- Economy to Caribbean: 2,500 mile bonus
- First/Business to Caribbean: 5,000 mile bonus
Earn 2X Points on IHG Drinks & In-Room Services: You could earn double points on all incidentals at 68 participating InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong and Taiwan),the Middle East and Africa until October 31, 2014. Eligible charges include food and beverage, room service, laundry, and telephone. Spa services and restaurants within the hotels may not be eligible. Make sure to register for the promotion first.
Get 1,000 Airberlin Topbonus Miles for Registering With Sixt: You can earn 1,000 bonus airberlin topbonus miles for simply registering with Sixt Rent-a-Car. Beyond that, each time you rent a car with Sixt, you will receive 500 miles. Starting from the 5th, 10th, and 20th rental, you will be rewarded with:
- 5+ rentals: 1,000 award miles per rental
- 10+ rentals: 1,500 award miles per rental
- 20+ rentals: 2,000 award miles per rental
Make sure to register for this promotion before July 31, 2014.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Enjoy an Anniversary Free Night each year of card membership at over 5,000 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- Automatic 10% points rebate on redemptions
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49