This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In an attempt to keep up with the Joneses, Hilton just announced the launch of “Curio,” a collection of independent properties that don’t necessarily fit within their pre-existing brands, such as Conrad or DoubleTree. This seems to be in a direct competition to Marriott’s Autograph Collection (including the Blue Moon in Miami Beach), which has a similar aesthetic. Hilton states that they are aiming to create a collection of hotels that are “authentic, independent and remarkable.”
Guests staying at Curio properties will be allowed to earn and redeem Hilton HHonors points, and although their place on the Hilton redemption chart has yet to be released, our guess that it will be towards the higher end. The website is still in a “Coming Soon” state, but the collection has announced that its first five hotels will include the Sam Houston Hotel in Houston, Texas; The Alex Johnson Hotel in Rapids City, South Dakota; and most notably, the massive new SLS Las Vegas.
It’s nice to see another opportunity to use Hilton HHonors points (which I don’t highly value), and given the opportunity for this collection to grow, it will be interesting to see what properties will be added in the future.
See this related post:
This card’s sign-up bonus of two free nights can be worth as much as 190,000 points if you redeem them at top-tier properties like the Conrad Maldives, and it also confers automatic Gold status and the ability to earn Diamond status through spending.
- Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio after you make $2,500 in purchases within 4 months of account opening*
- Earn 10 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton Portfolio*
- Earn 5 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on airline and car rental purchases*
- Earn 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on all other purchases*
- Enjoy the benefits of HHonors Gold status as long as you are a cardmember*
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases*
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with your Citi chip credit card