This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Edit: This offer seems to be in the process of getting pulled- check out this post for a new link that may work
This past Friday I was approved for my third Citi Exectuive AAdvantage World Elite Mastercard, which will get me another 100,000 AA miles after $10,000 spent within the first 3 months. I got my first card in October 2013 and second in March 2014 and I applied for this most recent one 93 days after the last application. At first the application went into pending status and about a week later I got an automatic email that it was approved. I could have called to expedite the process, but wanted to see if it would get approved automatically and it did.
Here are the full offer details that are still currently available:
- Apply now, get the card and earn 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $10,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership. Also, earn up to $200 in statement credits — earn $1 in statement credits for each $1 spent on purchases within the first 12 months of cardmembership.
- Elevate the way you travel with these luxury benefits: Admirals Club membership (a membership value of up to $475)
- Earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles after spending $40,000 in purchases each calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Earn two AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, including US Airways codeshare flights booked on aa.com
- Priority Boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases
- Your first eligible checked bag is free
- SmartChip technology
- Expert Concierge Service
- $450 Annual Fee
Multiple EQM Bonuses?
My gut tells me that Citi/AA cap the max EQMs earned per AAdvantage account from credit card spend to 10,000, though I’d be interested to hear if anyone has gotten multiple EQM bonuses. Update: Per reader comments it appears that AA does cap the EQMs earned to 10,000 per account, regardless of how many Executive AAdvantage cards you have. That being said, you don’t need to spend $40,000 on one card- if you had three of these cards, you could hit the $10,000 for the sign-up and then you’d only need an additional $10,000 in spend to get the EQMs.
Day to Day Spend After Hitting the Sign-up Bonus Threshold
I don’t use the card for non-AA purchases, because the SPG Amex earns 1 Starpoint per dollar spent and those points transfer to AA at a 25% bonus (20,000 Starpoints = 25,000 American miles) so it is a better option- plus you can transfer the miles to 30 other airline partners or use them for hotels.
To read more about this offer check out this post. Has anyone gotten more than three cards?!