This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express and the US Travel Association (a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting US travel) have partnered to offer discounts and deals with various travel brands and loyalty programs during the next month, including hotel packages, points/miles purchase promos, rental car discounts and more. These deals are called the Daily Getaways.
Each day we’ll hash out the details of that day’s deal to see whether it’s worth taking advantage of.
Today’s deal goes live at 1 pm EDT, and you can sign up for alerts if you’d like to be notified when the deals go live.
All of these promotions have the added benefit that you can save an additional 10% for purchasing with an Amex card, like the Platinum and Premier Rewards Gold, or even co-branded cards like Delta Gold and the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
Monday June 9, 2014: Marriott eGiftCards
- Marriott eGiftCard: $100 for $90, 410 available (maximum purchase limit 5)
- Marriott eGiftCard: $500 for $450, 308 available (maximum purchase limit 2)
- Marriott eGiftCard: $1,000 for $900, 75 available (maximum purchase limit 1)
These deals all offer 10% off (or 19% with the Amex discount). The most lucrative option is clearly the $1,000, which saves you a full $100 (or $190 with Amex discount). If you have upcoming Marriott stays that you’re planning to pay for with cash, this deal is a no-brainer. If you don’t have a stay planned, but know you’ll use the gift card eventually and can afford to front the balance, you may as well get in on the savings, especially because the eGiftCards never expire.
In addition to hotel stays, the eGiftCards can be redeemed for dining, golf and spa treatments (even if you’re not a guest at the property). The $100 card would make a perfect gift, and would only cost you $81 with the Amex discount. The cards are valid at 3,700 participating properties worldwide (including some Ritz Carlton properties).
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees