This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Delta Gold
American Express and the US Travel Association (a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting US travel) have partnered to offer discounts and deals with various travel brands and loyalty programs during the next month, including hotel packages, points/miles purchase promos, rental car discounts and more. These deals are called the Daily Getaways.
Each day we’ll hash out the details of that day’s deal to see whether it’s worth taking advantage of.
Today’s deal goes live at 1 pm EDT, and you can sign up for alerts if you’d like to be notified when the deals go live.
All of these promotions have the added benefit that you can receive an additional 10% for purchasing with an Amex card, like the Platinum and Premier Rewards Gold, or even co-branded cards like Delta Gold and the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
Tuesday June 3, 2014: Loews Hotels
- Two nights in an Executive Suite at Loews Regency in New York City for $1,110, 10 available
- Two nights at a Four Diamond Loews Resort for $350, 20 available (4 different resort options)
- Two nights at a luxury Loews Hotel for $275, 20 available (12 different resort options)
- Two nights in the Grand King Suite at Loews Santa Monica for $1,110, 5 available
- Two nights in an ocean view suite at Loews Miami Beach $1,110, 5 available
The three deals that offer suites at one specific hotel (either the Loews Regency New York, the Loews Santa Monica or the Loews Miami Beach) all offer moderate savings compared to the normal rates. The Executive Suite at the Regency New York typically goes for $639 per night plus tax on the Loews website, so two nights for $1,110 (or $1,000 with the Amex discount) is a relative bargain. The discounts are even steeper at the Santa Monica and Miami Beach properties, where suites routinely cost $800+ per night. However, there are so few of these deals available that the probability of getting one is very low.
Despite my suite tooth, I’d look into the other two deals, which offer even better value and have somewhat greater availability. The luxury Loews hotel deal, for example, is $275 for two nights. The deal can be used at the any of the following resorts:
- Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD
- Loews Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
- Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel, Boston, MA
- Loews Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood, CA
- Loews Madison Hotel, Washington, DC
- Loews New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
- Loews Regency Hotel, New York, NY
- Loews Santa Monica Hotel, Santa Monica, CA
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
- Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
- Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Canada
The price comes out to just $137.50 per night, or $123.50 with the Amex discount. These are great deals, especially in the larger and pricier cities. For example, rooms at the Loews Regency in New York start at $469 per night in June, so the Daily Getaway saves you almost 75%.
The Four Diamond Loews Resorts deal is also a high-value option, costing $350 (or $315 with the Amex discount) for two nights at one of four resorts:
- Loews Miami Beach Resort, Miami Beach, FL
- Loews Don Cesar Resort, St. Pete Beach, FL
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Coronado Bay, CA
Just one night at the Miami Beach Loews in a Deluxe King room starts at $339, so you’re getting better than a two for one deal if you purchase the offer with an Amex card.
Certificates are valid through June 30, 2015, so unlike yesterday’s Omni Daily Getaway deals, you’ll have a full year to use them. All of these deals are subject to various stipulations, such as unspecified blackout dates. Check the terms and conditions carefully before purchasing, and if you’re planning around a specific itinerary, consider calling the relevant property in advance.
In conclusion, while all of these deals offer good value, I’d aim for the luxury and diamond Loews packages due to their added flexibility and availability. There are still only 20 deals available for each of those options, so be ready to click early and often when they go on sale at 1pm.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees