American Express and the US Travel Association (a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting US travel) have partnered to offer discounts and deals with various travel brands and loyalty programs during the next month, including hotel packages, points/miles purchase promos, rental car discounts and more. These deals are called the Daily Getaways.
Each day we’ll hash out the details of that day’s deal to see whether it’s worth taking advantage of.
Today’s deal goes live at 1 pm EDT, and you can sign up for alerts if you’d like to be notified when the deals go live.
All of these promotions have the added benefit that you can save an additional 10% by purchasing with an Amex card, like the Platinum and Premier Rewards Gold, or even co-branded cards like Delta Gold and the Starwood Preferred Guest Amex.
Monday June 16: Las Vegas Hotel Packages
- Two nights in a Bellagio suite and two tickets to “O”, spa treatments and dinner for $1,375 (4 available, use by May 15, 2015)
- Two nights in a one bedroom loft at SKYLOFTS MGM Grand, massages, airport transfers and dinner for two for $1,545 (4 available, use by Dec. 30, 2014)
- Four nights in a Tower Deluxe Room at Luxor, two VIP tickets to Jabbawockees and $400 food/beverage credit for select Luxor restaurants for $535 (9 available, use by Jan. 31, 2015, except blackout dates: Dec. 30 and 31, 2014)
- Three nights at Circus Circus, dining voucher $75 to The Steak House and passes to the Adventuredome Theme Park for two for $140 (8 available, use by Dec. 30, 2104)
- Three nights in a suite at ARIA, dinner, VIP tickets to Zarkana, airport transfers and spa treatments for two for $1,625 (5 available, use by Dec. 31, 2014)
The problem with these deals is that there are so few available that it seems highly unlikely you’ll be able to snag one. The most plentiful options are the Luxor and Circus Circus deals, with double the availability of the others, but those are also the less interesting properties on this list. The nice thing about all of today’s deals is that there are almost no blackout dates, and what few there are have been spelled out clearly.
I checked the Luxor website for a long weekend in October in a Tower Deluxe Room. The total room cost for four nights would be $470, which is close to the $535 ($481.50 with Amex discount) Daily Getaway price, but doesn’t include the VIP show tickets or the $400 dining credit (usable at Tender Steak & Seafood, Rice & Co., Pyramid Cafe, More Buffet, Backstage Deli and Starbucks). These extras add well over $500 of value; clearly the Daily Getaway offers a great deal, but good luck getting it.
Three nights at Circus Circus in September will cost you $228, so the Daily Getaway price of $140 ($126 with Amex discount) saves you almost 50% even without the dining credit and Adventure theme park passes, which typically cost about $30 per person. All in all, solid savings.
The remaining deals also offer good value, but with 5 or fewer available, I wouldn’t bother unless I already had plans in place to use them.
As with all Vegas hotel deals, it’s important to keep in mind that rooms in Sin City can typically be had for very little except on holiday weekends or during special events. This is especially true if you’re not attached to a specific property. If you’re partial to these hotels in particular, today’s Daily Getaways offer some great deals, but good luck getting them.
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.